Family of four left with nowhere to turn after fire guts Success home
They now have the clothes on their backs and a few personal items; nothing else could be recovered.
About 24 firefighters attended the scene, but the fire was so strong that by the time emergency crews arrived there was no saving the home.
Instead they spent the next hour getting the blaze under control and ensuring neighbouring properties weren’t damaged.
Neighbours rushed out to make sure the family was safe.
One told Nine News Perth the flames were bright and billowed out of the house.
“I couldn’t see the elderly couple but I saw the son and he told me they had Mum and Dad,” she said.
“I got them warm clothes and blankets.”
It’s unclear how the blaze started but a possible electrical fault is being investigated.
It’s understood the family is not insured and is now seeking crisis accommodation.