Three new COVID-19 cases in Shepparton
“Extensive contact tracing has commenced by local authorities. We expect as part of that effort, further cases will be discovered.”
“To everyone locally – even if you haven’t been near these locations – if you feel unwell at all, please get tested as soon as possible and stay at home until you get your results,” Mr Weimar said.
He reminded Shepparton residents that financial payments available to assist those who need support to stay home from work.
“We’re asking everyone in the local community – and any Victorian who has loved ones in Shepparton – to share this message.”
A pop-up testing site is due to be established at the city’s showgrounds at 12.30pm, advice from the Department of Health and Human Services says. Residents can also get tested at GV Health’s Acute Respiratory Clinic at Graham Street, Shepparton.
High risk locations in Shepparton are:
• Central Tyre Service, Welsford Street Shepparton from Wednesday, September 30 to Tuesday, October 13.
• Bunnings Warehouse, Midland Highway Shepparton Friday, October 2
• McDonalds Shepparton North, 175 Midland Highway Shepparton Saturday, October 3
• Mooroopna Golf Club Members Bar, Sunday, October 4 and Pro Shop and Members Bar Sunday, October 11
• Shepparton Market Place Medical Centre, Midland Highway Shepparton Thursday, October 8
• Lemon Tree Café, Fryers Street Shepparton
• Thai Orchid Restaurant, Nixon Street Shepparton on Wednesday, October 7 from 7.00pm to 8.30pm.
• Bombshell Hairdressing, Fryers Street Shepparton on Wednesday, October 7 9.30am to 10.30am.
The GV Health hotline can be contacted on 1800 313 070 between 8am and 8pm.
Trump Biden 2020
Our weekly newsletter will deliver expert analysis of the race to the White House from our US correspondent Matthew Knott. Sign up for The Sydney Morning Herald‘s newsletter here, The Age‘s here, Brisbane Times‘ here and WAtoday‘s here.